September 13, 2012

Chandelier love!


Ok, so it's been slim pickings on the Northern Light Blog this week, and for that I am sorry! 
I have been incredibly busy (that's a good thing), so blogging has had to take a back seat. 
I have had a few moments to catch up on all the new virtual magazines out these past few days, but not had the time to compose a proper post...

I am currently working on an apartment (with the most wonderful view) and after a very long search for the perfect chandelier, I selected this piece from Oly. I just love how simple the drum is, yet so interesting with the Capiz shell circles set in brass...




































This afternoon I received an email from Canadian House & Home (LOVE that magazine by the way!!!) & as you may know, they have the whole social media thing down, newsletter, videos etc. Turns out they featured a Main Floor Makeover video, and yes, you guessed it... there was "my" chandelier! Yeah!! Interestingly enough, I am working with a similar muted color pallet. If you would like to view the video, you can check it out on my Pinterest board here.

What is your take on mixing metals in todays interiors? How do you feel about "warm" metals in an otherwise "cool" space? I like to mix it up a bit, though the whole shiny gold thing scares me a little, I am much more comfortable with the softer brass and brushed finishes :)

Busy, busy, busy!!     :)

Natasha

Images are screen shots from the House & Home feature.

3 comments:

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...