June 11, 2012

Sunday Flowers (On Monday)





































Beside my sofa I have a white painted tray table, it holds a beautifully carved teak lamp
(one of my first purchases for our home, and while our style has evolved, I still can not give it up...)
but otherwise the display changes weekly.

This week a wonderful book (by Pottery Barn, no longer available) is on display, and a single rose
from this weeks bouquet... I love to match up an interesting book with my weekly flowers,
a trick picked up from my mother (hi P!).




































In my travels I have picked up this pretty little bud vase in glass, it comes in so handy when a bloom has broken off a stem, or if it's a single flower. Anyone out there who "matches" their flowers, books & / or decor??
I have friends that like to tease me, that I am the only one who would take the time to do something like this, however... I find that it's the little touches that make me happy (!) and why not make your home beautiful?

Hope you have a wonderful start to your week :)

Natasha

Images NHH for the Northern Light Blog

4 comments:

  1. It's making those vignettes that is so fun! Even if it is a flower in a budvase next to a favorite coordinating (or not) book. Takes a small amout and of time, and look, your friends notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think flowers make a room so much inviting. And I do try to match them with the rest of the vignette. But, as I usually use white flowers they are easier to match!

    Have a great day, Natasha!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...